What happens if I miss my flight on KLM?
KLM Airlines is known for providing domestic as well as international flights. The airlines have extraordinary inflight services and the best possible comfort. Suppose you have made the reservation with KLM and missed the flight under certain circumstances. The only question that comes to mind is what will happen next. Read the points below to know What happens if I miss a KLM flight? Under given circumstances and reasons.
What happens if you miss your KLM flight?
If you missed your KLM flight, dial 1 (800) 618-0104/1-805-410-9066 and describe the incident, they will rebook you on the next available flight within a few hours at no additional charge.
What happens if I miss my connecting flight with KLM?
Dial 1 (800) 618-0104 or 1-805-410-9066, If you missed a KLM connection, due to delay or weather, you will automatically be booked on the next available flight or you can request a refund. You will get every information about your flight details.
If the flight is missed due to personal reasons:
- If you have missed your flight due to traffic or any other personal reasons, the further steps depend upon the fare policy of the airline and the type of ticket purchased by you.
- If you miss a flight due to the death of a fellow passenger who was about to take the same flight, or you have met with an unfortunate accident. In that case, you'll be liable to get instant compensation from the airlines.
If you miss your flight due to a fault in operation:
If you have missed your flight because of the fault of any member of the airline in that case;
- The airlines will rebook you for the next available alternative flight for the same destination at a different time. The airlines will ensure that you'll get the same flight time that you originally booked.
- You'll be provided with the waiting lounge and snacks o behalf of the airlines.
- If you are not satisfied with the alternative flight, you can proceed with the travel credit that can be used anytime for future flight booking.
- You can also opt for compensation if your flight got missed due to the management's fault.
KLM missed flight policy
KLM has some simple rules and regulations in KLM's missed flight policy;
- If you miss your flight due to the airline's fault, you will get an alternate flight ticket, or a portion of your flight ticket will be refunded.
- KLM Airlines will compensate you the entire amount if the delay is caused by any technical issues or problems rather than bad weather conditions.
- If you miss a connecting KLM flight due to the previous flight delay, in that case, you can inform the airlines about the KLM flight delay, and they will provide you with an alternate flight to reach your destination.
- If you have booked your flight ticket under travel insurance, in that case, you can seek compensation from the company in case of a missed flight.
KLM compensation for a missed connection
The airlines compensate their customers for missed flights if they fulfill some of the situations mentioned here;
- If the airline's fault causes a delay of three or more hours, you are entitled to receive KLM missed flight compensation of up to $600. But this condition applies only to flights departing from Europe as KLM is a European airline.
- The rule mentioned above applies to all connecting flights from Europe. And if you face a delay in your Paris to Dubai flight, in that case, you will be entitled to get the compensation for KLM missed connection of the complete amount.
- Suppose you have missed your connecting flight due to the delay or cancellation of your flight (from/to Europe). Due to the cancellation of your flight due to the fault of the airlines or by airlines. You'll be liable to get the compensation of $600 for the same.
- The above-mentioned rule doesn't apply on self-transfer flights, and you can get KLM missed flight compensation if your flight is booked separately.
- If you missed your flight due to bad weather conditions or an airport staff strike, in that case as well, the airlines would provide you with compensation.
- If you have missed your flight because of the fault of the airlines and have to wait for long hours in that case, you have the right to are, and the airlines will provide you with a free meal and drinks in a reasonable relation to the waiting time, two phone calls, email or faxes. You'll get accommodation from the airlines if there is an overnight delay.
KLM missed flight rebook
If you wish to rebook your missed flight that you have missed because of unavoidable circumstances or because of the fault of the airline.
- Get into the official website of the KLM and click on "Manage Booking".
- Once getting onto the 'Manage Booking,' fill out the PNR number as well as the last name of the passengers and continue further.
- After getting in, choose your flight, proceed to make the change, and mention why your KLM missed flight rebook.
- Follow the on-screen process to make the rebooking of your flight ticket and make the payment if there is any fair difference in your original or rebooked flight.
- Once complete, you will receive the confirmation and rebooked flight ticket on your registered email ID.
The passengers simply have to follow the rules and regulations mentioned above. In some cases, they are also allowed to get a KLM missed flight refund as per the airlines' fare rules.
- Recent Blog
- How do I check-in for my Aeromexico flight?
- Can I change my Aeromexico flight?
- Can I cancel my Aeromexico flight?
- What happens if Aeromexico cancels my flight?
- How Do I Speak to Someone at Aeromexico?
- Can I get a refund on Aeromexico?
- What happens if you miss your Aeromexico flight?
- Can I call Allegiant Air to book a flight?
- Can I change my Allegiant flight free of charge?
- Is there anyway to get a refund from Allegiant Air?