Can you change the name on an Aeromexico flight ticket?
Have you made a mistake with your name while booking an Aeromexico flight? Are you worried about canceling your ticket and booking a flight again? Mistakes happen, and Aeromexico understands it. It is essential to change your name on Aeromexico flight according to your government ID, and you will be pleased to know there is an option to do so without canceling.
How do I change my name on an Aeromexico flight?
Contact Aeromexico's Customer Service at 1 (800) 237-6639/1-805-410-9066 for assistance in changing or correcting your name on a flight reservation, as the process and feasibility depend on the airline's policies and the specific circumstances of your request.
The following information contains all the details you need to know about Aeromexico's name change policy.
Guidelines for changing names on Aeromexico ticket
Passengers are allowed to make one name correction of 4 characters or less, which can be made to the first/middle/last name. According to the Aeromexico name correction policy, read the guidelines below:
- When a passenger's first or last name is missing or contains a wrong letter, changes are allowed.
- Changing the gender or date of birth is not allowed for name change requests on Aeromexico tickets.
- When a passenger's first, middle, or last name has a spacing error or up to four incorrect characters, that can be corrected.
- In case of reversed name cases also, changes can be made.
Aeromexico name change policy
Before proceeding with anything, it is advised for passengers to go through the policies to avoid any hassle.
- Passengers can request a name correction/change with Aeromexico up to 24 hours before departure. No changes are permitted after departure.
- If you are changing your name for legal or official reasons, the airline may charge you a penalty fee and any additional fare difference. You will be needing to provide supporting documentation such as a marriage certificate, legal affidavit, or other relevant documents as ID proofs.
- No changes are allowed by the airline after checking in your flight.
- After taking the outbound flight, the name of the passenger cannot be changed or corrected.
Can I correct my name on an Aeromexico ticket?
It is essential to travel with the correct name on an Aeromexico flight. If you have made a mistake or changed your name because of legal obligations, you can easily change it with the Aeromexico name change policy. There are two ways to change your name on an Aeromexico flight.
Change name on Aeromexico ticket online
The procedure of changing the name on an Aeromexico ticket requires only a few minutes. Follow the steps.
- Browse Aeromexico's official website on your device.
- Select the 'Manage Booking' section given on the home page.
- Enter the flight reservation number and the passenger's last name.
- Once the booking is retrieved, tap on the 'Correct name' tab.
- Enter your correct name carefully and save it.
- Pay the name correction fees (if applicable) online or using your credit/debit card.
Change name on Aeromexico ticket over the phone
If you wish to seek assistance from an agent with the name change process, follow the steps given below.
- Make sure to dial the correct phone number at 1 (800) 237-6639 or 1-805-410-9066.
- Pay close attention to the IVR and react accordingly.
- If your call is placed on hold, please wait for your turn to connect.
- Once the agent is connected on call, speak to them for assistance.
How much does it cost to change the name of an Aeromexico flight ticket?
Passengers can change their name online or by calling an agent from the airline, and the Aeromexico name change fee also varies on the mode. Look at the prices listed below in USD.
- Name changes: Online - 200, Call Center - 200
- Name correction: Online - 150, Call Center - 200
- Legal name change: Online - 200, Call Center - 250 (Plus the fare difference for both)
- Typing error: Online - 200, Call Center - 250 (Plus the fare difference for both)
- Inverted name: Online - 150, Call Center - 150, and At the airport - 200
- Recent Blog
- Can I change my name on an Aeromexico flight?
- How do I select seats on Aeromexico?
- How do I check-in for my Aeromexico flight?
- Can I change my Aeromexico flight?
- Can I cancel my Aeromexico flight?
- What happens if Aeromexico cancels my flight?
- How Do I Speak to Someone at Aeromexico?
- Can I get a refund on Aeromexico?
- What happens if you miss your Aeromexico flight?
- Can I call Allegiant Air to book a flight?