Do I need a PCR to fly on Turkish Airlines?
Turkish Airlines offers the utmost safety to the customers in times of the pandemic, and you must follow the airline's requirements to remain safe during the flight and prevent spreading the viral disease. The need for a PCR on Turkish Airlines depends on your country of departure and destination. The PCR rules should be followed so that you are not denied entry upon your arrival at your destination. According to the Turkish Airlines travel requirements, you may need a PCR to fly with Turkish Airlines for a few countries of departure and destination. You can fly with Turkish Airlines with restrictions that are listed here.
Do I need a PCR test to travel on Turkish Airlines?
The PCR requirement on Turkish Airlines depends on your country of departure and destination. However, PCR rules must be followed so that you are not denied entry on arrival at your destination. You can find out the regulations and current vaccination and PCR requirements in effect in the respective countries on the official website or visit https://www.turkishairlines.com/en-int/travel-requirements/ directly.
Turkish Airlines PCR test requirement
The Turkish Airlines PCR test requirement should be fulfilled in order to travel without any problems. You should carry a PCR test result with you which is negative and issued within three days of scheduled departure.
Other important tips to remember for your travel with Turkish Airlines are given below-
- You have to get the Covid 19 vaccines before you travel. Covid-19 vaccines will protect you from getting seriously ill, being hospitalized, and even dying.
- You must follow your destination's requirements, as you may be denied entry in case you do not fulfill the requirement.
- You must take multiple prevention steps to get additional layers of protection from covid 19 even if you are up to date with your vaccines.
- If you follow Turkish Airlines' covid-19 test requirements, you will be safe during the flight, and there will be no risk to your fellow travelers.
- The PCR test result has to be submitted within 72 hours from the scheduled departure at the check-in counter during check-in.
The rules that you need to follow for a Turkish Airlines PCR test within 72 hours are given below-
- You have to get tested with a viral test before the time of the departure, and it should be no more than three days old.
- You should be aware of your test result as you may not be able to travel if the result is positive.
- If your test result is positive then you should not travel.
- A self-testing kit can be used, or you can visit the nearest testing location in the U.S.
- If you have already had Covid-19 within the past 90 days, you have to follow specific recommendations given by the airline.
Do I need a mask on Turkish Airlines?
Wearing masks during a pandemic is important so that you can be safe and stop spreading the disease. With Turkish Airlines, you need to wear a mask at the airport during boarding and the flight. According to Turkish Airlines' mask policy for international flights, you will be required to wear a mask at all times throughout your travel. You must follow the details given below before you travel with Turkish Airlines.
- You have to wear a medical mask.
- If you are using single-use surgical masks, they must be changed every four hours. One must have enough masks for the duration of the travel.
- All the passengers have to wear a surgical mask at all stages during the travel process (including on-site ticket purchasing, check-in, boarding, during the flight, deboarding, at baggage claim, and until departing the terminal).
- Infants aged 0-2 years do not have to wear masks due to the risk of suffocation.
- Children younger than six years of age may choose not to wear masks.
- If you need extra help, you can call the customer service number to get help.
This information will help you when you want to fly with Turkish Airlines and you are unsure of the PCR rules and regulations. For any other help, visit the official website turkishairlines.com.
- Recent Blog
- Can I change my name on an Aeromexico flight?
- How do I select seats on Aeromexico?
- How do I check-in for my Aeromexico flight?
- Can I change my Aeromexico flight?
- Can I cancel my Aeromexico flight?
- What happens if Aeromexico cancels my flight?
- How Do I Speak to Someone at Aeromexico?
- Can I get a refund on Aeromexico?
- What happens if you miss your Aeromexico flight?
- Can I call Allegiant Air to book a flight?