Can I get a refund on my Porter flight?
Porter Airlines is a Canadian airline service provider which offers flights across both Canadian and American destinations. If you find yourself in a situation where you know you need to cancel your Porter flight or you simply want to learn more about the airline refund policies, the following lines will provide you with a complete guide.
Certain policies you must keep in mind when you consider Porter flight cancellation are:
Can you get a refund for Porter Airlines?
- Tickets which are cancelled within 24 hours of booking are fully refundable. This includes all the tickets belonging to all types of classes.
- After the initial 24 hour period, no change and cancellation are allowed for tickets belonging to the basic fare.
- The refund will be provided in the original payment format as per the Porter refund policy; this means if you paid via credit card then the amount will be refunded back to the account used for payment.
- If you have paid in multiple formats; Half through credit card and the other half through vouchers, credit points and cash, cash and credit cards, etc, then you cannot apply for a refund online. You must get in touch with a customer service representative or visit the ticketing booth at the airport.
- The passengers should get in touch with the travel agent/agency who made the reservation and ask them to apply for cancellation on their behalf. As mentioned by the Porter Airlines refund request policy, In cases of third-party involvement, the airline will only engage with the party directly associated with the payment.
- The airline has the right to charge a fee for the cancellation. The fee can be deducted from the refund money or via extra payment.
- The options available during the refund depend on the class, date, price and number of passengers
- The fare is divided into four categories based on features, these are Basic, Standard, Flexible, and Freedom.
- Reservations that are made under Standard, Flexible and Freedom fares can be cancelled up to 1 hour before the flight takes off.
- Passengers who upgraded their tickets from non-refundable to refundable are not eligible for a refund as the airline considers the policies around the original ticket.
- As per the policies, Porter refund option fee, you are eligible for a full refund if you booked your flight under Freedom ticket while other fares are required to pay a cancellation fee ranging from $12 to $150 based on the type of ticket fare rule applicable.
- Passengers who don't show up during the departure and also don’t cancel the ticket are not eligible for a refund. The airline has full authority to forfeit the full amount and provide no refund in such cases.
- As per the type of ticket fare, the passengers have the option to get a refund in the form of credit, voucher, or monetary form.
The airlines provide relaxation on these rules if:
- Reservation was made 24 hours before departure.
- You have used Porter Pass for reservation.
- You used VIP Porter points.
- You used airline gift certificates or Porter credits.
If you wish to know how to get a refund from Porter Airlines you can apply for the refund from the website, through customer service, or from the ticketing booth at the airline. More about the refund policies and fee applicability is available in detail on Porter Airlines' website.
Are Porter airline tickets refundable?
Your tickets are fully refundable within 24 hours of flight booking. Porter Airlines refund will be provided in the original form of payment.
Does Porter give refunds?
Yes, Porter Airlines tickets are refundable. If you cancel your flight ticket within 24 hours of your flight booking, you will get the full refund amount.
Is Porter refunding Cancelled flights?
If your flight is canceled by Porter Airlines, you will either be accommodated on a subsequent flight, if you now decide not to travel, you are entitled to a full refund. If the Poter flight had multiple stops, you will be refunded for the unused portion of the flight.
- Can I Change my Southwest Flight?
- How Do I Change my Flight on JetBlue?
- How to Change Your KLM Flight?
- How Do I Change my Air Canada Flight?
- How to Cancel KLM Flight Within 24 Hours?
- How to Check-in with KLM Flight?
- What days are flights cheaper Volaris?
- What happens if I miss my Volaris flight?
- How Do I Change my Flight with Volaris Airlines?
- Can I Check-in Online for Air Canada?