Do you need a PCR test to fly on Ethiopian Airlines?
We all are well-versed in the pandemic and its consequences on people all over the world. And there were rules and regulations posted in every single industry and even in the aviation industry. Ethiopian Airlines is one of the most trusted airlines when it comes to customer safety and provides them with the proper assistance. There is also an Ethiopian Airlines covid test policy that the passengers must follow before boarding their scheduled departure flight.
Ethiopian Airlines Covid19 Policy:
- Any traveler above the age of twelve coming through the international airport has to bring the Negativ RT PCR certificate, done up to 72 hours or three days before the scheduled departure.
- Passengers traveling through the international airport are also allowed to show an Antigen negative test report up to 2 hours before they arrive in Ethiopia.
- If the passenger has the certificate of recovery from COVID-19 within 90 days or if they have the Covid-19 certificate of both doses of vaccination. The passengers are not required to bring the RT-PCR or any antigen report on their arrival in Ethiopia.
- The above-given clause will not apply to passengers who are not staying in the airline's accommodation. However, the passengers who traveled internationally stayed in the accommodation provided by the airlines have to follow the above-given clause. The passenger must submit the negative RT PCR or Antigen report taken at the accommodation or at the airport. And if your test results are positive, you have to self-isolate for seven days.
- As per the Ethiopian Airlines covid-19 requirements 2022, notwithstanding the provision mentioned above, a returnee can enter the country by taking the Antigen-RDT test at the airport if he doesn't fulfill the requirements mentioned above. If the test result is positive, then he has to follow the relevant protocol.
- Any person who has tested positive is prohibited from entering the country.
- The RT PCR and Antigen test report that was taken for the departure from the airport is not considered valid for the return trip.
- The term "Recovery" means an individual free from the COVID19 virus, and that can only be decided according to the time-based recovery and symptoms and test-based criteria. And if the patient is asymptomatic, he will be declared recovered seven days after the day of sample collection for the RT PCR test that resulted positive. But if the patient is symptomatic, he will be declared recovered a minimum of 7 days before the start of symptoms and the additional three days without symptoms.
Requirement for Covid Vaccination:
- As per the Ethiopian Airlines covid test age requirements, the person below or at the age of 12 years and 4 months traveling on a domestic or international flight is required to have proof of a valid COVID19 molecular test taken within 72 hours of the scheduled departure.
- The non-passengers will also need to be fully vaccinated unless exempted by the airlines. The non-passenger includes employees of the airlines who operate the commercial passenger aircraft from a specified airport, an employee at the airport, and other organizations who enter restricted areas of airports. Private operators and international travelers are exempted from the rules unless they have to enter the restricted area.
For more information and detail about the Ethiopian Airlines covid vaccine requirements, you can visit the airline's official website or get in touch with the customer service executive of the airline to ask necessary questions.
- How do I ask a question on Delta Airlines?
- How do I get in touch with Malaysia Airlines?
- Does Qatar Airways have a live chat option?
- How Do I Ask Qatar Airways a Question?
- How do I cancel my Qatar Airways flight?
- How to Complain About Qatar Airways?
- How do I message Qatar Airways on WhatsApp?
- How to Reschedule a Qatar Airways Flight?
- Do I Need a PCR Test to Travel with Qatar Airways?
- How to find cheap Delta flights to Boston?